Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2024 All Rights Reserved

Turkish company eyes Plovdiv for diamond manufacture

Photo: Pixabay

A Turkish company, which manufactures diamonds in laboratory conditions by recreating the natural process of creation of single crystal diamonds, is considering making an investment in Bulgaria. Though it has not settled on a location, it is looking at the city of Plovdiv. The decision is expected to be made by the end of the year. The Bulgarian Investment Agency says the successful implementation of the project will create approximately 100 new jobs. Laboratory diamonds are used in jewellery, but also in a number of industries, such as chip manufacture, quantum sensors, optics and detectors for high-tech sectors.  

Compiled by Yoan Kolev

Translated and posted by Milena Daynova

Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

Bulgarian grain producers ready for protests

Grain producers are ready for protests, it transpired after a meeting of the Board of the National Association of Grain Growers. In a statement, they highlight the difficult situation the sector is facing and the need to take timely measures for its..

published on 1/14/24 10:55 AM

Burgas refinery switches to oil from Kazakhstan, Iraq and Tunisia

According to the London Stock Exchange (LSE), in January Bulgaria replaced imports of Russian oil with imports from Kazakhstan, Iraq and Tunisia , reports BTA, citing Reuters.  Bulgaria has a derogation from the EU embargo against Russia, allowing it..

published on 1/13/24 10:04 AM
8% of Bulgaria’s exports for the EU are by sir and water, the remaining 92% are by land mostly by road

Businesses are not happy with Bulgaria’s accession to the Schengen area by air and water only

The European Commission decision on Bulgaria and Romania’s accession to Schengen by air and by sea at the end of March 2024 triggered some harsh reactions in this country.  President Rumen Radev stated that we are entering 2024 with mixed..

published on 1/12/24 11:28 AM