Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2023 All Rights Reserved

Businesses unwilling to take state aid

Photo: BGNES

Only 8% of Bulgarian companies, mostly small ones, will receive state aid for wages under the 60:40 scheme. The remaining 92% will either cut staff, reduce salaries, and put employees on paid and unpaid leave, a study by the Bulgarian Industrial Association shows. Some businesses resort to laying off personnel because there is no forecast as to when the extraordinary circumstances will end.

33% of companies plan partial redundancies. 5% plan to lay off their entire workforce. Reducing wages is a temporary measure for 1/10 of companies. 40% of employers send their employees on leave.

Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

Emil Dechev

Without changes to the Judiciary Act, Bulgaria could lose financing under Recovery and Resilience Plan

Bulgaria might lose hundreds of millions of euros under the Recovery and Resilience Plan, if it did not adopt changes to the Judiciary Act by June, Deputy Minister of Justice, Emil Dechev, warned on Nova News. According to..

published on 2/1/23 11:34 AM
President Biden

U.S. President Biden will discuss Ukraine’s weapons request with Zelensky

U.S. President Joe Biden said he would discuss Ukraine's latest requests for advanced weapons needed to repel Russian attacks. Speaking to reporters, t he US president ruled out sending F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine ...

published on 2/1/23 9:36 AM

Bulgaria registers 60 new coronavirus cases for a day, no deaths

60 new coronavirus cases were detected yesterday in Bulgaria after 3,198 tests , official data showed. 2% of samples tested positive. 70% of the newly infected are non-vaccinated citizens. Most of the new cases are in..

published on 2/1/23 8:40 AM