Europe needs new policy on migration and asylum, Vice President Yotova says

Photo: BGNES

Europe needs a totally new policy in the area of migration and asylums, said Vice President Iliana Yotova during a Sofia-held discussion on the future of the EU. She underlined that the policy of quota distribution of the migrants coming to Europe didn’t work. Yotova stated that the European institutions should reconsider the migration agreement with Turkey. In her words this half-agreement obviously doesn’t solve the overall problem with migration. At the same time the proposals for changes in the Dublin Regulation once again would place EU external borders’ countries, such as Bulgaria in a really vulnerable situation, the vice president further said.

More from category

Cross-border hail protection mulled

Bulgaria’s protection against hails is going to extend and is planned to cover 90 percent of the entire territory of the country by 2019. The aviation method of hail protection will be introduced. For the rest of 10 percent that are..

published on 10/23/17 5:23 PM

Wine, culinary tourism aimed to diversify Bulgarian tourism offer

The promotion of wine and culinary tourism will attract more tourists to the Bulgarian provinces and countryside and will establish the image of the country as an all-year-round tourism destination , said Bulgarian Minister of Tourism Nikolina..

published on 10/23/17 3:47 PM

Economic growth, education central to 2018 state budget

The Ministry of Finance has published the Bulgarian 2018 State Budget Bill and the updated mid-term budget outlook for the period 2018-2020 which includes the motives to the bill. The bill will be submitted for debates in the National..

published on 10/23/17 3:24 PM